You might not mind drinking coffee from cups made from coffee grounds, but how happy would you be eating food from terracotta pots (Merdacotta) made from cow dung. Designers have also developed spectacle made from coffee grounds and bowls made from recycled toilet paper. These are just some of the ideas of different artists for […]
"The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul."
To be an architect means having a wide range of interests - architecture, art and creativity in all its variety of forms, sustainability, science and innovation. The greatest interest is often where these different worlds overlap and collide - that is when something imaginative often occurs that pushes us all forward to another place
"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for example"
I hope to showcase contemporary design and innovation, including architecture, art, design, science, technology and sustainability, to those searching for architecture, design and art inspiration to create beauty. I hope you enjoy it and will contribute to it.
- Nam June Paik’s technological and robotic art at Tate Modern
- Place and Signs along the Grand Canal: The Punta della Dogana in Venice
- Korean artist Yun Hyong-keun at the Palazzo Fortuny in Venice
- Historic and Modern Art at the Fondazione Querini Stampalia in Venice
- A Roman Palace in Venice with Contemporary Art: The Palazzo Grimani
- A new persective on Iranian art at the Fondaco Marcello in Venice
- Different views of Living in Interesting Times at the Giardini for the Biennale 2019
- The Arsenale’s industrial buildings are bursting with art at this year’s Venice Biennale
- Masterful storyteller Luc Tuymans at the Palazzi Grassi in Venice
- International contemporary artists at the European Cultural Centre in Palazzo Mora
- International designers take over Palazzo Michiel for Venice Design 2019
- Play and design at the Wellcome Collection
- Looking backwards and forwards at Big Data London
- Sustainable art in Ffound at the Woolff Gallery
- Living in Interesting Times – Sculpture at the Biennale
- Personal Identities – Sculptures in the Giardini della Marinaressa in Venice
- Dysfunctional Design in the Historic Ca’d'Oro in Venice
- Encounters in space and time: Rayyane Tabet at Parasol Unit
- A mixing pot of cultures: Sonny Assu’s Radical Mixing at Canada Gallery
- The influence of the Bauhaus on British design in the 1930′s
- Ian Caldwell on Blending ancient and contemporary: Two Italian artists: Giovanni Ozzola and Fabio Viale
- Luiz on Blending ancient and contemporary: Two Italian artists: Giovanni Ozzola and Fabio Viale
- Ros McTaggart on The Great Architectural Bake-Off from the Museum of Architecture: Gingerbread City.
- Paper Castles in the Sky at the V&A on Architects created a Gingerbread City of the Future at the V&A
- A fascinating and different side of Anish Kapoor at the Lisson Gallery on Reflections in space and time by Anish Kapoor at Pitzhanger Manor