The new headquarters for the Lambeth Fire Brigade on Albert Embankment was opened on 21st July 1937 by King George V, in time for the much-needed services of the Fire Brigade during the Second World War. Today the site including the workshops at the rear is being redeveloped and the main building, which is now […]
"The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul."
To be an architect means having a wide range of interests - architecture, art and creativity in all its variety of forms, sustainability, science and innovation. The greatest interest is often where these different worlds overlap and collide - that is when something imaginative often occurs that pushes us all forward to another place
"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for example"
I hope to showcase contemporary design and innovation, including architecture, art, design, science, technology and sustainability, to those searching for architecture, design and art inspiration to create beauty. I hope you enjoy it and will contribute to it.
- Looking out at the rooftops – Phillips in New York
- Modern and Contemporary Art in a Contemporary Setting: Sotheby’s in New York
- Looking for a new outfit or two? Matchesfashion.com at Phillips London
- Modern Photography at Phillips, with a fashion twist
- A bird and a cathedral – Calatrava’s transport interchange at the World Train Centre in New York City
- The future of retail on show at Olympia in London
- A week of Asian art in London.
- A new Fire Brigade Museum for London?
- A new Migration Museum for London?
- Vibrant and Affordable: Modern and Contemporary Art at the London Original Print Fair
- Southeast Asian crafts show their potential in Covent Garden: “On the Line” at the Aram Gallery
- London crafts look to the future in Tottenham Court Road: Made in London at Heal’s
- 20th Century American art in London: Sam Francis at the Bernard Jacobson Gallery
- The future of Scottish art at DRAF in London
- A new life for a redundant phone box: The Edible Bus Stop at London Bridge
- German and British scientific collaboration on show at London Bridge with transCampus
- Smoke and Mirrors at the White Cube: the work of Larry Bell
- The best of 20th century Australian art: Sir Sidney Nolan at the Australian High Commission, London
- BIG architects lead the way with affordable and sustainable student accommodation in Copenhagen
- Contrasting old and new – Marc Quinn and Rachel Kneebone at the Soane Museum and the V&A
- A new Migration Museum for London? on Former Royal Doulton HQ in Lambeth continues into the 21st century as serviced offices
- London Original Print Fair on 20th Century American art in London: Sam Francis at the Bernard Jacobson Gallery
- 20th Century American art in London: Sam Francis at the Bernard Jacobson Gallery on New art gallery in a former car park – Bruce McLean at the Bernard Jacobson gallery in London
- New Scottish art on Contrasts and Contradictions: New Scottish Artists at DRAF in London
- 916. Li Songsong | Rembrandt's Dog on We Have Betrayed the Revolution