It’s London Design Week, with the newest and most innovative designs from across the world on show at venues across London, including 100% Design at Olympia and Design Junction at King’s Cross, reinforcing London’s credentials as the design capital of the world. At Phillip’s, over a century of modern design from Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s chair […]
"The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul."
To be an architect means having a wide range of interests - architecture, art and creativity in all its variety of forms, sustainability, science and innovation. The greatest interest is often where these different worlds overlap and collide - that is when something imaginative often occurs that pushes us all forward to another place
"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for example"
I hope to showcase contemporary design and innovation, including architecture, art, design, science, technology and sustainability, to those searching for architecture, design and art inspiration to create beauty. I hope you enjoy it and will contribute to it.
- The best of the London Design Festival springs out into the city
- Celebrating the best of graduate design across Europe at Carpenters Workshop Gallery
- Experimentation and Innovation with materials for contemporary furniture at Gallery FUMI
- Challenging the norm for exhibition design: Francesco Vezzoli at Nahmad Projects in London
- Leafy Landscapes with Gilbert and George’s “General Jungle” at Lévy Gorvy Gallery and Pop-Art Cacti at Ordovas
- A potential new creative base for Stoke on Trent around the Spode Museum Trust Heritage Centre
- Colourful, geometric reflections by Daniel Buren in his installation at the Lisson Gallery.
- Marcel Broodthaers challenges the modern art gallery at Hauser & Wirth
- With an international representation, but has 100 Percent Design lost its focus?
- London Design Festival starts off at the V&A
- Focussing on the modern world at START at the Saatchi Gallery
- A stunning art collection: Mario Testino at Sotheby’s for the Museo MATE in Lima, Peru
- From Charles Rennie Mackintosh to Partridge & Walmsley at Phillips Design
- The historic engineering of Chatham Royal Dockyard continued into the 21st century
- Modern art from the Young Masters in the 18th century architecture of the Royal Overseas League
- Croydon: the new focus for Street Art in London
- Box Park
- Andy Warhol invades Croydon – 12 artists celebrate his life and work with the RISE Gallery.
- Breathing new life for the 21st century into Clandon Park in Surrey
- Art reflecting on the area as a hotbed of international nationalities and cultures – Spitalfields public art
- The best of the London Design Festival – springing out into the city on London Design Festival starts off at the V&A
- The best of the London Design Festival – springing out into the city on With an international representation, but has 100 Percent Design lost its focus?
- Colourful, geometric reflections by Daniel Buren in his installation at the Lisson Gallery. on Eduardo Paolozzi re-emerges at Tottenham Court Station
- Daniel Sparkes on Andy Warhol invades Croydon – 12 artists celebrate his life and work with the RISE Gallery.
- Modern art from the Young Masters in 18th century architecture on Art in the Lloyd Clubs in the heart of the City of London