Influencing the development of art in Africa, the Khartoum School was formed in the 1960s with a focus on the Khartoum’s College of Fine and Applied Arts. Work by three of the most influential Sudanese members is now on show at the Saatchi Gallery showing a simplicity of form, which is interestingly similar to contemporary […]
"The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul."
To be an architect means having a wide range of interests - architecture, art and creativity in all its variety of forms, sustainability, science and innovation. The greatest interest is often where these different worlds overlap and collide - that is when something imaginative often occurs that pushes us all forward to another place
"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for example"
I hope to showcase contemporary design and innovation, including architecture, art, design, science, technology and sustainability, to those searching for architecture, design and art inspiration to create beauty. I hope you enjoy it and will contribute to it.
- Deconstructing the classical architecture of the Royal Academy: Phyllida Barlow and architectural imagination
- The Renaissance Nude in Renaissance art changes our perceptions – at the Royal Academy
- New and emerging artists in the East End of London at The Other Art Fair
- Bridging the boundaries between Beijing and London at Somerset House
- Milestones in the history of the film industry captured in posters.
- Three generations of Spanish painters – Sorolla, Picasso and Paricio
- Communities making things happen at the RIBA, but many challenges remain.
- The Future of Technology and Taxes at Excel
- The book is alive and well, but changing slowly, at the London Book Fair 2019
- A changing programme of Contemporary art at ICA Miami
- The best of Contemporary Art: the de la Cruz Collection in Miami
- Art and Design as a catalyst for regeneration: Wynwood Walls and the Miami Design District
- Bridging between Business and Technology: The Future Technology Centre at the University of Portsmouth
- Futurebuild challenges the Construction Industry to change
- The best of affordable art from around the world: The Affordable Art Fair in Battersea
- Jedd Novatt’s balances Chaos with gravity at the Economist Building
- A new lease of life with contemporary art at The Bass Museum in Miami
- Reimagining the multi-storey car park: Museum Garage in Miami
- A surprising find in Florida: The Morikami Japanese Gardens and Museum
- Artists reflect on our modern world: Paula Pivi and Sayaka Ganz
- Ian Caldwell on Black and white snowy landscapes – Melanie Manchot at Parafin
- ufo 3d on Black and white snowy landscapes – Melanie Manchot at Parafin
- Deconstructing the classical architecture of the Royal Academy: Phyllida Barlow and architectural imagination on A national focus for the Venice Beinnale at the Giardini
- Milestones in the history of the film industry captured in posters. on Three generations of Spanish painters – Sorolla, Picasso and Paricio
- Three generations of Spanish painters – Sorolla, Picasso and Paricio on Colourful geometry: Pedro Paricio at the Halcyon Gallery