As you wander around Mayfair, you see the same thing that you will find in High Streets up and down the country. Empty retail/gallery spaces caused by a perfect storm of Government policies on business rates, high rentals, Brexit and general uncertainty in the economy. While many smaller galleries have been closing and moving to […]
"The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul."
To be an architect means having a wide range of interests - architecture, art and creativity in all its variety of forms, sustainability, science and innovation. The greatest interest is often where these different worlds overlap and collide - that is when something imaginative often occurs that pushes us all forward to another place
"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for example"
I hope to showcase contemporary design and innovation, including architecture, art, design, science, technology and sustainability, to those searching for architecture, design and art inspiration to create beauty. I hope you enjoy it and will contribute to it.
- Encounters in space and time: Rayyane Tabet at Parasol Unit
- A mixing pot of cultures: Sonny Assu’s Radical Mixing at Canada Gallery
- The influence of the Bauhaus on British design in the 1930′s
- The dark magical world of Mark Leckey underneath the M53
- The mythical, mysterious and magical images of William Blake at Tate Britain
- Fed up? Think of moving to Mars with the help of the Design Museum
- Little steps can make a large difference: PriestmanGoode at the Design Museum
- Preparing for Sunday’s London to Brighton Car Run at Bonhams
- Artists supporting the word of WellChild
- Town and Country with Lisa Wright and Tschabalala Self
- Manolo Valdés recent works at the Opera Gallery in Mayfair
- A colourful explosion at Louis Vuitton in New Bond Street
- Artist and Doctor: The sensitive sketches of Henry Lamb at Maddox London
- Ride the Wild with Albert Oehlen, Franz West and Christopher Wool at Levy Gorvy
- Josip Vaništa’s Horizontal Line at the The Mayor Gallery
- The Goodman Gallery arrives in London with its inaugural exhibition ‘I’ve Grown Roses in this Garden of Mine’
- Squash Court into International Photography Gallery at Hamiltons
- Immersive experiences with Antony Gormley at the Royal Academy
- Photography and Modern Art at Alon Zakaim
- Seeing the world through the eye of the Photographer – at Phillips London
- Ian Caldwell on Blending ancient and contemporary: Two Italian artists: Giovanni Ozzola and Fabio Viale
- Luiz on Blending ancient and contemporary: Two Italian artists: Giovanni Ozzola and Fabio Viale
- Ros McTaggart on The Great Architectural Bake-Off from the Museum of Architecture: Gingerbread City.
- Paper Castles in the Sky at the V&A on Architects created a Gingerbread City of the Future at the V&A
- A fascinating and different side of Anish Kapoor at the Lisson Gallery on Reflections in space and time by Anish Kapoor at Pitzhanger Manor