Many congratulations to the Contemporary Art Centre in Malaga which celebrated its 15th birthday in February this year. Established by the city authorities in the former Wholesalers Market constructed in 1939 by the architect Luis Gutiérrez Soto, the Contemporary Art Centre Malaga has been part of a successful strategy to bring new art galleries and […]
"The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul."
To be an architect means having a wide range of interests - architecture, art and creativity in all its variety of forms, sustainability, science and innovation. The greatest interest is often where these different worlds overlap and collide - that is when something imaginative often occurs that pushes us all forward to another place
"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for example"
I hope to showcase contemporary design and innovation, including architecture, art, design, science, technology and sustainability, to those searching for architecture, design and art inspiration to create beauty. I hope you enjoy it and will contribute to it.
- Considering Post-Modernism in a Wash House in Whitechapel
- Cabinet of Curiosities; Surreal Science at the Whitechapel Gallery
- A fascinating look back at the 1950′s: Staging Jackson Pollock at the Whitechapel Gallery
- Bringing international contemporary arts to New Cross: Mitta Rottenberg and the new CCA at Goldsmiths
- Paradigm Shifts: Conrad Shawcross at Victoria Miro
- Paradigm Shifts and Patterns at the Francis Crick Institute
- 1920′s art and architecture: The National Scottish War Memorial at Edinburgh Castle
- Bringing the 18th and the 21st centuries together: Daniel Richter at the Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
- York Minster
- The birth and life of Scotland’s greatest poet Robert Burns
- Zaha Hadid’s Scottish triumph: The Riverside Museum
- A Parliament for the 21st century: The Scottish Parliament building
- House for an Art Lover
- Following in the footsteps of Robert Stewart, 1st Duke of Albany: Doune, Stirling and Edinburgh Castles
- Home for an American President in Scotland: Culzean Castle in Ayrshire
- A triumph of Scottish Engineering: The Three Bridges over the River Forth
- Chinese Warriors invade Liverpool: The First Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors
- Exploring the relationship of design with emotion, society and politics: The Design Biennale at Somerset House
- Grand Calme or Grande Dame: Martine Syms at Sadie Coles HQ
- Where have all the people gone? – Will Martyr & Mr Jago at Unit London
- NYChouse on Paradigm Shifts and Patterns at the Francis Crick Institute
- Paradigm Shifts: Conrad Shawcross at Victoria Miro on Paradigm Shifts and Patterns at the Francis Crick Institute
- Robert Burns on Home for an American President in Scotland: Culzean Castle in Ayrshire
- Following in the footsteps of Robert Stewart, 1st Duke of Albany: Doune, Stirling and Edinburgh Castles on Home for an American President in Scotland: Culzean Castle in Ayrshire
- Exploring the relationship of design with emotion, society and politics: The Design Biennale at Somerset House on The first year of the London Design Biennale – can’t wait for the next.