What do you do if you have an art gallery in London during the relatively quiet summer period, where the serious collectors are off on their yachts to the Mediterranean? Some galleries just shut up shop and give their staff a well-earned break, Sotheby’s auction house in Old Bond Street has the decorators in, […]
"The many great gardens of the world, of literature and poetry, of painting and music, of religion and architecture, all make the point as clear as possible: The soul cannot thrive in the absence of a garden. If you don't want paradise, you are not human; and if you are not human, you don't have a soul."
To be an architect means having a wide range of interests - architecture, art and creativity in all its variety of forms, sustainability, science and innovation. The greatest interest is often where these different worlds overlap and collide - that is when something imaginative often occurs that pushes us all forward to another place
"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for example"
I hope to showcase contemporary design and innovation, including architecture, art, design, science, technology and sustainability, to those searching for architecture, design and art inspiration to create beauty. I hope you enjoy it and will contribute to it.
- Holding up a Black Mirror to the modern world at the Saatchi Gallery
- Omar Victor Diop challenges views of African history and current challenges
- New Urban Square in Porto
- Antique to Modern at Frieze Masters
- Another successful year for Frieze London; it needs to report on its environmental credentials
- Frieze Sculpture brightens up a rain-washed London
- Bringing future designers to the table at 11-12 Pall Mall
- Universities joining with Santiago de Compostela’s City of Culture
- Changing exhibitions at the Galician Contemporary Art Museum in Santiago de Compostela
- A start to sustainability at the Restaurant Show
- Super Rich Interior Decoration: Grayson Perry at Victoria Miro
- Environmental and Societal Design Ideas for the Future at CSM
- Design Junction celebrates the design focus of King’s Cross
- From a time before Selfies – ‘Self’ at the Halcyon Gallery
- 21st century building blocks with sustainability in Re-assemble
- Tom Dixon brings all the senses together for the London Design Festival
- Creativity with Building Hoardings at J P Hackett in Savile Row
- Modern art weaves through different materials in Materia at rosenfeld porcini
- Carribean influences: Jasmine Thomas-Girvan & Chris Ofili at David Zwirner
- Laurence Edwards’ Gathering of Uncertainties at Messums London and Wiltshire
- 20th art and architecture: Lee Krasner at the Barbican
- Fashions of today complimenting those of the past: Manolo Blahník at the Wallace Collection
- An invasion: Body + Soul at Canary Wharf
- Ros McTaggart on The Great Architectural Bake-Off from the Museum of Architecture: Gingerbread City.
- Paper Castles in the Sky at the V&A on Architects created a Gingerbread City of the Future at the V&A
- A fascinating and different side of Anish Kapoor at the Lisson Gallery on Reflections in space and time by Anish Kapoor at Pitzhanger Manor
- Reflections in space and time by Anish Kapoor at Pitzhanger Manor on The meticiulous restoration of Pitzhanger Manor by Jestico and Whiles
- Reflections in space and time by Anish Kapoor at Pitzhanger Manor on Anish Kapoor brings a reflective new light to the Palace of Versailles